This week The Compass Magazine launched a new series called “Why I Love Being a Seventh-day Adventist.” And we want you to contribute!
Too often we get caught up in criticizing what we don’t like about our church. So now it’s time to focus on the things we love.
When have you felt most proud or thankful to be an Adventist? What Adventist beliefs and practices make the most positive impact on your life? What would you tell your friends if they asked, “Why are you a Seventh-day Adventist?”
Send us your thoughts on “Why I Love Being a Seventh-day Adventist.” We’ll publish the best articles on our website. Here are the guidelines:
- Your article should highlight one or more key reasons you appreciate Adventist beliefs and/or the Adventist Church. Stories that illustrate your point are great!
- Length: 300-800 words.
- Submit to [email protected] (pasted in email or as a Word document)
- Include a short biographical paragraph about yourself and a headshot photo.
- Compass will provide a small honorarium of $20 for articles we choose to publish, if they have not been published elsewhere. (Author must be able to receive payment via PayPal.)
- Extended deadline! We are now accepting submissions through November 30, 2015.
To better reflect the worldwide nature of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, we especially invite submissions from outside the United States.
Why do you love being a Seventh-day Adventist? It’s time to let the world know!